When you start browsing and a search engine notice Wajam ads, you should know that it is not a virus, it is quite malicious that installed without help. The following article is about the best methods to remove it from your computer.
What is the Wajam search engine?
It is an extension of an advertising browser, it is also known as a social search engine, which aims to improve the experience of its users by adding ads and results from Google pages.
However, it has been categorized as an unwanted program, because it creates ads that the user does not need and installed without their consent. Many times wajam Adwares are advertising companies that bring viruses that can damage or collect personal information.
How does Wajam infect your computer?
As we already mentioned, it downloads itself but also brings a series of packages, which come with flash players, most of them are free, as the updates and downloads welcome this. That is why when any offers of updates appear on your screen, most of the time we do not stop to read, we select Accept and the problems start.
Once we accept these conditions we can no longer stop the Wajam download process, unwanted ads and advertisements begin to appear. For this we help you several ways to remove it without difficulty and definitely from your computer.
What tools are used to remove Wajam from your PC?
There are many options that eliminate this program, but according to our opinion and being highly recommended by other websites. The most suitable is SpyHunter to uninstall it without any problem, since it instantly detects all files, folders, and even the keys of this program.
Once it detects any malicious that downloads on your computer, it permanently removes them. You may want to know more about it from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. If you install it on your PC, it not only fights with this program, but also with other types of hijackers or adwares. Other tools such as Malwarebytes and Antimalware are also useful.
How To Uninstall Wajam from our PC
We bring you a tutorial on how to remove this unwanted program manually at no cost, for this you must follow the following procedure to the letter:
1. Remove it from Windows XP
- First, point the cursor to the Start, which is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Once inside you will see several folders, the one you need is Add or Remove Programs.
- When you access it, search the program list for the one that refers to Wajam.
- Then finish by clicking on Uninstall.
2. Remove it from Windows 7
- As in the previous case, go to the Start.
- Go to the right side and look for the Control Panel.
- Now you must go to Uninstall a Program.
- Already on the list, look for the Wajam program and all its derivatives.
- Once selected, just click on Uninstall to remove them from the system.
3. Remove it from Windows 8
- The first thing you should do is find the menu of your computer.
- Once found click on Search.
- There you must enter Applications or Apps.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Then it will appear at the bottom Uninstall a Program, in the folder that bears the same name.
- Locate the Wajam files that are installed.
- Finally select Uninstall once you’ve pressed it.
4. Remove it from Windows 10
For this version of Windows you have to consider two ways to remove this search engine from your computer, they are as follows:
- It all starts at the Start of the system.
- When inside, direct the cursor to the Settings.
- Double click on the System folder that you can see in blue.
- When you access you must look for the Apps & Features option.
- As in the previous cases, locate the name of Wajam on that list.
- Click on the folder and proceed to Uninstall.
- This method is shorter because you only have to enter the Computer Menu.
- Enter the search engine of the team.
- Search Programs and Features, then click.
- Locate the Wajam files in the list of programs.
- Select Uninstall and everything will be deleted.
What happens if we cannot uninstall Wajam from the PC?
It may happen that all the steps mentioned above fail to remove the unwanted program from the computer, as it may indicate that you do not have sufficient or required access to uninstall Wajam.
That access denied has an origin, and that is that some of the files or services make it impossible for you to do so, if you see yourself in this situation you must do the following:
- Restart the computer using the Start button.
- Before you start your course press F8 to change the type of boot.
- Once inside click on Advance Options, these are in the same boot start.
- There you must change the setting to Safe Mode.
- Then press Enter and wait for Windows to load normally.
- Return to the Control Panel.
Finally, perform the same Wajam Uninstall procedure.