The public cloud companies offers the opportunity to host their data on servers and external computers, which are managed by a service provider. It is an economical way to start expanding the IT structure and to migrate certain loads to cloud computing.
Unlike the private cloud, the public cloud service provider is responsible for managing all maintenance and system administration. In the public cloud the company is forced to share resources with other organizations. Where many of has enough reason to refuse to use this type of cloud storage.
Do you want to know if the public cloud is your best option? In All Web Solutions we explain below everything that you need to know about this cloud computing model
What is the public cloud?
The public cloud is a type of cloud computing that allows you to store information on hardware that belong and are operated by the company who provides the service. The public cloud is an excellent way to expand the architecture of IT resources at a low cost. As the customer pays only the time of use that he allocates to the stored data.
The public cloud is the easiest to implement, as the client does not need to manage the administration of the service, nor does he own the equipment, the storage bytes or the servers. Therefore, you are not responsible for protecting your data, applications or services hosted in the cloud.
The characteristics of the public cloud are:
- Public cloud users share all virtual resources and provider services.
- A company can make use of the services it deems necessary and may expand its resources when required.
- Payment is equivalent to the consumption made by the company.
- The public cloud administrator is responsible for keeping the software, hardware and network up to date and functioning.
- Types of public cloud
- There are no different types of public cloud, but two different ways of using this type of storage. The first way to use the public cloud is the conventional one, and which we have explained throughout this analysis.
The second way, most used today, is the public cloud as part of a hybrid cloud.
So, what is the hybrid cloud? Well, it is a storage system that offers you the best of the private cloud and the public cloud. That is, you can manage your most important information in a secure cloud, not shared and managed by you, while other less important loads are hosted in a public cloud. For more details about this type of cloud.
What are the advantages of public cloud?
There are many advantages of this type of cloud. Among the most important for companies are:
- You can access the data from any platform with an Internet connection and at any time.
- It is not necessary to invest in a computer infrastructure (servers, equipment, programs …).
- The maintenance, management and administration of the cloud is carried out by the provider.
- The public cloud can be combined with other cloud computing models, therefore, you can design your own digital storage structure according to the needs of your company.
- The public cloud is flexible. You can host a small amount of data and increase as you need it.
- The public cloud service does not include a contract of permanence, therefore, you can use it for as long as you deem necessary.
Public cloud disadvantages
The public cloud also has some disadvantages compared to other types. Some of these inconveniences are:
- The public cloud forces you to share the computers, servers and network with other clients that are also storing their data in that structure.
- In the public cloud the client does not have control of the security of their data.
- The proper functioning of the servers, as well as the backups, depend on the service provider. It is not guaranteed that there are no periods of inactivity.
Is the public cloud best for you needs? At All Web Solutions we are here to advise you, do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly explain our cloud computing plans for large, medium and small companies. Migrating to the cloud is elevating your organization to a more competitive environment!