It is normal, in offices or workplaces to place equipment and furniture so that they do not occupy much space.
Most of our computer reside vertically, almost always leaving the CPU under the table, where most of accumulates dirt.
If that, in this case, I do not want to imagine how your CPU is, if you do not clean it regularly or properly. However, do not worry, in this article I will show you best way to clean CPU & keep it clean.
How to clean your computer CPU
Cleaning the CPU of our computer is a task that many of us do not like to perform but sooner or later we must do.
Although it is somewhat tedious, and most times we cleaning of our office, it is necessary that you yourself make sure that your equipment is also to be clean.
For that, I’ll leave you some simple steps below, for this is not difficult task and you can perform periodically.
You must have the following materials on hand:
Screwdriver, with cross tip.
Mechanical oil with dropper or silicone grease.
Tube of compressed air or vacuum cleaner.
“Try to locate yourself in a spacious place with good lighting, away from children and pets”
Prepare the PC for cleaning: Switched off the power cable and all the peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard) of the PC. It makes a safeguard of the files in case of any inconvenience.
- Open the CPU cover with the screwdriver.
- With the help of the compressed air tube, clean all parts of the CPU, spaces and slots that you see.
- Clean the fan blades with tissue paper or a swab.
- To clean the processor cooler, it is not necessary to disconnect the cables just unscrew and clean it carefully.
- The cooler of the power source is something more delicate, just clean it well without uncovering it or disconnecting anything.
- Remove the dirt that is in the smaller parts of the motherboard with the brush.
- Carefully lift the fan sticker and place a drop of oil on the fan shaft.
Then place the label again, mount the cooler and leave everything in its place.
Make sure before replacing the CPU cover, that everything has been cleaned and that the connectors are as they were.
Close the CPU cover, connect the computer and turn on the PC.
From now, you do not need to be an expert to keep your CPU clean and neat, you will see how you will work better from the moment you do it.
If you know the hardware of the equipment well, I can guess it does not take more than 30 minutes doing these simple steps completely.
I recommend you to do it periodically, do not create gap for long time. Try to do it very often, you will notice that the task will become easier every time.
Of course it is important that you place your CPU in a high place, something far from the ground, to avoid the accumulation of dust and dirt.